Happy 39 weeks to our "content on being in my belly" baby!
Well, we are 6 days away from Vivien's due date. I really hope she comes on or before May 25th, please baby please! I have had a very easy and comfortable pregnancy, but seriously I am just DONE. I'm feeling very claustrophobic because it's hard to move. I hate sleeping because my arms fall asleep constantly and it's just so uncomfortable. Chris is so sweet, sometimes while I'm asleep, I'll roll onto my back, when he sees this, he rolls me over so I don't die...how nice of my boy! It happens about 2 times each night. So, I have enjoyed pregnancy, but I'm just READY to meet our girl! I think I'll miss having her in my belly but I just want to hold and kiss her!
This past Sunday was Mother's Day, I didn't expect Chris to do anything since I'm not officially a mom YET! My grandma took all the women in the family to get pedicures and to lunch on Saturday, when I got home, this is what I found.
SUCH a sweet husband, I love him more than anything. He is going to be the greatest dad, I can't say it enough.
On Sunday, I had back cramps constantly all day, which made me excited. They weren't bad, just kind of like the feeling you get when you're about to start your period. I kept a warm rice bag on it all day. I woke up the next day feeling great (dang it haha, this is the time when I DON'T want to be feeling great!). Everyone once in a while throughout the week I'd feel a little something down there but nothing notable.
We went to the doctor on Thursday. My blood pressure was a bit high but fine, I don't think I have gained any weight for a few weeks now (can't complain there!), my belly measured at about 38 cm and Viv's heartbeat was 135. I asked Dr. England if he could strip my membranes to get things going since I felt like nothing had been happening. He said he would try but I guess you have to be dilated enough to actually do it. I was praying that I wasn't going to be back to measuring at a 0 (which I guess isn't possible if they measured right the week before), but I was also hoping that I would have progressed a bit. So, he checked me, it was more painful this time, I think he was trying to strip my membranes. He said that I was still at a 1 with a thick cervix, and that I needed to have progressed more to strip the membranes. He also said that Vivien is really high up (I definitely could have told you that) and that he reached high enough to touch her head (no wonder it hurt this time!) to make sure she was still head-down.
I was really frustrated and wanted to cry, I think everyone (Dr. England, nurse Jillion, and Chris) could tell. I was hoping she'd be here by now or at least be a little close to her being here, even though I tried to prepare myself to go over my due date. It's weird how some people come early and some go over. Like I said earlier, I'm just over being pregnant. Plus, I'm kind of freaking out because Dr. England is going out of town on the 30th for like 2 weeks. So she has to be here by then, no pressure baby. Like I have said before, everyone at the office is really nice, so when we came out of the room, all the nurses and stuff were very nice and comforting to me, I felt a lot better when we left.
I have been trying every trick in the book to get labor going. Seriously everything. Minus castor oil, I'm not an idiot. I go on these stupidly long walks every day, which makes me so dang exhausted (I hope I'll have energy to go through labor once it actually starts haha!) Chris and I have decided that we think that all the techniques to start labor are all a bunch of crap, we just think that labor will start when you're body is ready, whether or not you walked 30 miles while eating 3 fresh pineapples and rubbing your acupressure points.
Last night, we got a little bit of hope. We fell asleep around 10:30ish and we both woke up at 12:30 to use the bathroom (Chris is totally getting pregnant lady habits like using the bathroom a ton, sleeping with all the same pillows as I do, etc haha!). I felt this weird pulsing feeling in my very lower belly, it was almost like a circular churning feeling. Then, it started feeling like Viv was pushing out in that same place, BUT it was impossible that it was her pushing out because it was WAY too low (like lower than her head), plus I could feel her little knee or elbow up high where it usually is. I made Chris put his hand on the area, he definitely could feel it all. This feeling went on all night. Occasionally there would be some pretty good pain but nothing that I can imagine are real contractions. Neither one of us could fall asleep until like 3:45 because we were too excited, I told Chris not to get his hopes up because then it would make me too excited and then let down. I woke up this morning and the feeling was gone, but I've had a tiny bit of back cramps again, so maybe something is coming soon.
ANYWAY, we are ready for our baby and hope she comes soon soon soon! I just want to see my girl! I'm trying to think positive here but ohhh how I want to meet her! Come on Vivien, we love you and want to see you!
Oh girl...I know how hard that last week can be! And if you do go over, those few days will feel like an eternity. BUT - it is SO SO SO worth the wait! Looking back, those last few days of pregnancy went by fast. And the lack of sleep you are getting now is just preparing you for what's to come! :) I agree, all of those tricks to get pregnancy going are garbage - I tried pretty much everything and nothing worked. She will come when she feels ready. Good luck with the next few days! I'll be thinking lots about you! Can't wait to see her!
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm sorry! This last part is definitely the hardest, but she will be here so so soon! I completely agree that all the self-induction techniques are crap...I was working on that for like a month and they didn't do anything, haha. They definitely come when they are ready! I know it's hard, just try to keep in mind that if she isn't here, it's because she needs a little more time inside to make sure she's healthy when she comes out! She just needs a little more time, and the longer you hold her in, the healthier she will be! Hang in there, mamma!
ReplyDelete